About The Fund
About The Fund
NLAF is a separate legal and administrative entity organized and existing pursuant to the Nebraska Interlocal Cooperation Act and other Nebraska laws.
Investment options and services
The Fund’s portfolio consists solely of investments permitted Nebraska law. NLAF also offers additional services authorized by the NLAF Board of Trustees and provided by PFM Asset Management LLC (“PFMAM”), NLAF’s Investment Advisor. Details about NLAF's investment options:
|Investment Period||1 Day Minimum|
|Balance Requirements||$1.00 Minimum|
|Additional Deposits||No Minimum|
|Transactional Charges & Fees||None|
|Interest Earnings||Calculated Daily, Paid Monthly|
|Standard & Poor's Rating||AAAm*|
The following products and services are authorized by the NLAF Board of Trustees. These services are provided by PFMAM and are separate from the Fund:
Fixed-Income Investment Program
This program enables NLAF Investors to individually invest in government securities, certificates of deposit ("CDs"), and other fixed income investments permitted by Nebraska law. Details:
- Participants select from CDs of varying maturities issued by a variety of financial institutions.
- The CDs available through this program are usually issued in denominations up to the maximum amount insured by the FDIC.
- CDs held in this program are not part of the Fund. Within the limits and to the extent of insurance provided by the FDIC, CDs in this program may be separately insured by the FDIC from any CDs which may be held by the Fund.
- In order to simplify recordkeeping requirements for Investors, all CD principal and interest is credited at maturity when received by the Custodian to an Investor’s Fund account.
- Because interest is credited as described, Investors will not have use of the interest earned on the CD, including the opportunity for reinvestment of interest earned, until maturity.
PFMAM offers investment advice on a non-discretionary basis and assists Investors in the purchase of these investments for an advisory fee.
Individually Managed Portfolios
In addition to the Fund, NLAF offers Investors the option to have an individual portfolio managed to meet specific investment objectives. An individually managed portfolio provides a government unit with:
- The investment advisory resources of PFM Asset Management LLC, a leading investment advisory firm serving the public sector.
- Investments tailored to meet liquidity needs or a specific draw schedule.
- Professional portfolio management to enhance earnings and manage risk.
- Investment purchases determined by investment policy or bond documents.
- Competitive shopping for every security to seek the most favorable price and execution.
- Third-party custody of all assets.
- Investment management and custody services at a reasonable cost.
Individually managed portfolios are linked to the Investor’s NLAF account so that maturities and coupon payments are invested at all times. Individually managed investment portfolios, which are not a part of the Fund, are available under a separate agreement with PFMAM.
Bond Account Management ("BAM") Program
With the BAM Program, PFMAM provides an Investor with some or all of the following:
- Creation of a comprehensive investment strategy and portfolio for proceeds of tax-exempt and taxable financings.
- Disbursements for the bond financed project.
- Arbitrage rebate services for proceeds of tax exempt borrowings.
- Investment policy review and development, cash flow modeling, and cash management services.
Services for the BAM Program are arranged directly with PFMAM and determined after a review of various factors.
For more detail on the above programs, contact a Fund Representative.
*Standard & Poor's fund ratings are based on analysis of credit quality, market price exposure, and management. According to the Standard & Poor's rating the AAAm rating signifies excellent safety of invested principal and a superior capacity to maintain a $1.00 per share net asset value. However, it should be understood that the rating is not a "market" rating nor a recommendation to buy, hold or sell the securities. For a full description on rating methodology, visit Standard & Poor's website (http://www.standardandpoors.com/en_US/web/guest/home).
MARTIN LUTHER KING DAY Holiday, IMPORTANT MESSAGE
Due to the Martin Luther King Day Holiday, the Fund will be closed on Monday, January 17, 2022.
Please enter your color in the box below for the top navigation bar and side navigation bar. Make sure there are no extra spaces in the box below:
Please enter your color in the box below for the login button and top left icon. Please make sure there are no extra spaces in the box:
Please enter your font style below in the box.
*Make sure there are no extra spaces in the box and do not delete the box:
This information is for institutional investor use only, not for further distribution to retail investors, and does not represent an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any fund or other security. Investors should consider the Fund's investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses before investing in the Fund. This and other information about the Fund is available in the Fund's current Information Statement, which should be read carefully before investing. A copy of the Fund's Information Statement may be obtained by calling 1-877-667-3523 or is available on the Fund's website at www.nlafpool.org. While the Fund seeks to maintain a stable net asset value of $1.00 per share, it is possible to lose money investing in the Fund. An investment in the Fund is not insured or guaranteed by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation or any other government agency. Shares of the Fund are distributed by PFM Fund Distributors, Inc., member Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) (www.finra.org) and Securities Investor Protection Corporation (SIPC) (www.sipc.org). PFM Fund Distributors, Inc. is an affiliate of PFM Asset Management LLC.